Usher Spiby & Co are a long established, independent firm of Chartered Accountants with offices in Stockport, Cheshire and Denton, Manchester providing accountancy services to individuals and businesses
Today’s business environment is fast moving, complex and highly competitive. Business owners need the support of professionals who provide on time, effective solutions to help their business move forward. We aim to provide such a service.
We are an innovative firm of accountants, and if you are looking to embrace cloud accounting we can help you get online. Our cloud accounting software provides your with all the tools you need to manage your finances, along with the support training and guidance you need.
Our watchword is commitment. We take our clients’ interest to heart and try to be pro-active, recommending value added solutions. Of course we can take care of all your routine bookkeeping, accounting, audit and company secretarial requirements, thereby freeing valuable time and resources for you to apply to running your business.
To find out about how you can benefit from our services, simply e-mail us or phone us on 0161-336-2222 to discuss your needs.
David Lever FCA
David joined the firm in 1987 and has been Managing Partner since September 2000. He is responsible for the smooth running of the firm and for ensuring that all staff work to the highest standards in providing a first class service to all clients.
He has acquired a formidable range of expertise and experience from advising a whole range of clients from sole traders to the larger owner managed businesses.
David also advises clients on IT related matters, including choosing and installing accounting systems.
Carol Walton FCA, CTA, Dip PFS
Carol has been associated with the firm for a number of years and became a partner in 1996. Her primary responsibility is advising owner businesses from new start-ups to long established companies on all aspects of their business affairs.
She also specialises in helping both business and personal clients minimise their tax liabilities. In addition to general tax planning she advises on estate planning, inheritance tax and trusts. Carol is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation, The Personal Finance Society and the Chartered Insurance Institute.
Like to know a little more about Carol then read about her in The Guardian
Nicola Joyce FCCA
Nicola joined the firm in 1996 as an Audit Manager and became a partner in 2003. She is responsible for the provision of audit and accountancy services to charities and owner-managed businesses throughout most industry sectors.
Her particular interest is providing owner-managed businesses with the financial and business advice they require for profitable growth.
INFORMATION REQUIRED BY THE
PROVISION OF SERVICES REGULATIONS
- Usher Spiby & Co is the trading name of Ushers Limited.
- The firm is a limited company. Company number 04558982
- Postal address and registered office: 76 Manchester Road, Denton, Manchester, M34 3PS
- Fax number: 0161 337 9331
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone number: 0161 336 2222
- Registered to carry on audit work in the UK and Ireland and regulated for a range of investment business activities by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
- Details about our audit registration can be viewed at www.auditregister.org.uk under reference number C001386116.
- VAT number: 158 0504 75
- Our general terms and conditions are provided with letters of engagement, separate copies can be provided upon request.
- Our professional indemnity insurer is Markel International Insurance Company Ltd. The territorial limit is worldwide excluding professional business carried out from an office in the United States of America or Canada and excludes any action for a claim brought in any court in the United States of America or Canada.
- The firm is regulated for audit work and the professional rules applicable are the Audit Regulations and Guidance which can be found at www.icaew.com/auditnews. The International Standards on Auditing (UK and Ireland) can be found at www.frc.org.uk
- The firm is subject to the Institute of Chartered Accountants’ Code of Ethics, which can be found at www.icaew.com/regulations, and the APB Ethical Standards at www.frc.org.uk
- Licensed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales to carry out the reserved legal service of non-contentious probate in England and Wales
- Details of our probate accreditation can be viewed at www.icaew.com/probate under reference number C001386116
Accredited probate firm name
Number of offices carrying out probate work
Number of principals
Number of authorised individuals (employees)
Number of affiliate principals
- Details of the prices of our services can be found in the letter of engagement.