Tax enquiry service
Should you be concerned about the cost of accountancy fees in the event of an HM Revenue & Customs investigation?
Yes, an investigations into your tax affairs can be time consuming and lengthy. As result the professional fees involved with such investigations can be significant.
Usher Spiby have taken out an insurance policy which will reimburse the cost of our professional fees in the event of a HMRC enquiry or dispute (see service summary )
- Self Assessment Full Enquiries (Income Tax and Corporation Tax
- Self Assessment Aspect Enquiries (Income Tax and Corporation Tax)
- PAYE, P11D (return of benefits), and NIC Disputes
- H M Customs & Excise VAT Disputes
- IR35 Disputes
In addition, within the service is access to a legal telephone advice facility. This helpline provides support to businesses that encounter problems with legislation particularly in areas of employment, contract disputes, and health & safety. This will be available at no extra charge to those clients who subscribe to the Fee Protection Cover.
The service runs from 1st November to 31st October each year but you can join at any time, the cost of the annual cover (including VAT) is as follows:-
Maximum cover for the full enquiry is £75k with no excess. Maximum cover for the aspect enquiry is £2,000 , with no excess.
The main exclusions are as follows: -
- Existing investigations and disputes at the time the insurance is taken out.
- Fees incurred prior to the written acceptance of a claim.
- Claims arising where the Annual Returns/accounts are submitted “late”, i.e. outside the time parameters set out in Taxes Act.
- Special Compliance Office, Special Investigations Section and HM Customs & Excise Investigation Division cases.
Only available to clients of Usher Spiby & Co.
HMRC has never been more focused or organised in its pursuit of additional income from tax investigations. Please click here to download our tax investigations update, which highlights the increased risk posed by the latest HMRC activity and tactics.
For more information on our tax enquiry service or to take out cover please click here or phone us on 0161 336 2222